Monday 9 April 2007

Running and walking around Sydney Harbour

I recently started running again (and sometimes walking), mostly in the early mornings. This is supposed to increase my phrase-length on shakuhachi! I am very fortunate that this often takes me to some of the most picturesque locations on Sydney Harbour's northern foreshore. For the benefit of my overseas friends, I am including here some pictures from around Lavender Bay, Milsons Point and Kirribilli. Other times, I run down to the water at Balls Head Reserve in Waverton and Berry Island Reserve in Wollstonecraft, incorporating a very hilly but scenic course including many natural bush regeneration areas and quiet roads. In Oberon, I ran in the paddocks and along dirt forestry roads through the pine trees and sheep (and managed not to disappear down a wombat hole!)